Thursday, August 9, 2012

So The Mars Rover.

So there is 1 ton of science and equipment sitting on mars that promises to tell us interesting stuff about mars, and all at the low low cost of 1 billion dollars. Then in a press announcement some man declares how awesome America is as the leader in space exploration. Now as much as I love space and find it fascinating it is ethically wrong that we as humanity spend money on luxuries like the mars rover while children die hunger. Now I am all for space exploration, and I have nothing against America btw but Humankind needs to prioritize. Why do we as humans have this awful ability to blind ourselves to the truth (even I am guilty of this). Sorry for this post just seems there is no justice these days. Just saw on local news a pedophile considered  likely to re-offend is being released and thankfully will be under 24 hour surveillance, but the people who will pay for his continued upkeep? The tax payer, meanwhile children go to school without food because they can't afford food, and the government doesn't want to help. 

And meanwhile we all continue, myself included, in our bubble like world of apathy and ignorance, and this will ultimately be our downfall.

Feel free to disagree with me, I truly wish I were wrong, but I fear that I am right.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. There are better things to spend money on. Instead of rovers to Mars, instead of an endless war in Afghanistan, and instead of giving foreign aid to countries who hate the US and would love to see her burn, we should be focusing our finances on not only our own country, but aid to those countries who actually NEED it.

    However, that also needs to be a choice not of the government, but the taxpayer. Taxpayers go to work, bust their humps, and as such, should choose whether they want their tax money to go somewhere or not.

    Freedoms in the US are shrinking, unfortunately, and as a wise man once said: "If you trade liberty for security, you deserve neither and you will get neither."

    ReplyDelete