Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Alexander Palace (New Lot)

The Alexander Palace

This lot is based on the Alexander Palace in Tsarskoye Selo, Russia. A former Imperial Residence of the Romanov family.
This sims3 version has 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a library, a music room, a ballroom, a sitting room, 2 kitchens, 2 dinning rooms, and more (which I can't remember).

Architectural I recreated the Palace very closely within the bounds of sims. I am particularly proud of the colonnade.
Like the real palace this building has a Corps de logis, this is the main part at the center with the ballroom, with two wings adjoining either side, forming the Cour d'Honneur (the 3-sided courtyard). To be honest I only learnt these terms when looking up the Palace in order to build it right, I'm no architect, particularly not one who knows french.

Anyway here a re some pics of the real one for comparison.

And Now For The One You Will Be Downloading
CC You Really Should Download:






5 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely wonderful, but I don't know why it doesn't work on my game and that makes me so sad. ;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. what program is needed to open it? cant find anything in the app store

    ReplyDelete