Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Simming (half) Year In Review

My Forum (half)Year in Review
Usually this is something the news will do, covering the major news events of the year, but I'm doing it sim style.

6 moths ago, mid June 2010, I became apart of the online sims world. I am pleased to say I'm glad I did, though others of you probably prefer me without internet access, lol. I had no idea of the drama I had signed up for... 

The Evil Exchange Doll

I have to say I kinda miss her, She was a great conversation topic, Though she did alot of harm, ever since things calmed down, there has been a void, which has been left unfilled.


Though she was really creepy...Its almost quite amazing had it been a corrupt lamp it wouldn't have been as interesting, but a corrupt sims exchange doll..now that has the makings of a low budget film.

Sim Gurus

The concept of a sim guru sounds reasonable, but in reality it just fails, 
Especially if you are SimGuruHydra


Unwanted Attention

I won't bother explaining this one...It speaks for itself.



The Mares Nest

I, like many other newbies, came across a thread in which someone kept referring to TMN, and like all newbies do I asked what it was, little did I know I was about to enter the funniest blog ever, and eventually convert to Mareism. 



Warned, Banned, Banned and Permabanned

It seems those Gurus are really ban happy. Many simmers have been there and done that, but never the ones who deserve it. After my "SimRomanov" account was banned, and I waited (what seemed like forever) for fast lane and came back as "SR_in_Simmerland" but that name is lame so I like to be known as SR or Sim Romanov. Oh well, Life goes on (usually)

Trolls

They come in all shapes and sizes, but they all smell the same. I do not like them or their spam, I do not like them, Sam I am. one of the most notable trolls being Jarsie9, take whatever personal view of her you wish, but she is a Troll, no doubt about it.


Zachemc2

An immature spamming troll that I honestly thought would be a better community member, so I stuck with him   but that was a mistake, He lied and spammed, I don't know what his problem was, maybe someone took his crayons, but now I am rid of him.

I Made A Blog

I wast sure about starting a blog, because I wasn't sure if I could write interesting enough stuff for you guys, I did ok I think, my blog is still going, though its only my 4th (almost 5th) month. Still I have High hopes for 2011. (at least it wans't one of those dead in a month blogs which are all to common)
Anywho, The first thing of interest that happened was my blog name "SR'S DEEP THOUGHTS" its a pretty ok name, but then I tried to reach it via Google...


Lea Michele, Grant Rodiek, Christine O'Donnell and Justin Bieber

None were better than Palin, and none can fill the exchange doll void. :P

The Illegal Activities on the Forums

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with this topic, but these pictures should explain the Drama to which I refer




The Site Hacking

Heaps of topics deleted it was all a big mess and it had "EA fail" written all over it, but good old hydra covered that up and wrote "malicious hackers" as an alternative. But If it looks like EA and it quacks like EA, then its EA. (Clearly just my opinion) But what one has to wonder, what was a wikileaks wanna-be wanting to hack the EA forum for...

The Possible Second Hacking

At first it looked like one of the underpaid staff at EA finally cracked...
But Hydra, moved into that eternal state of "resolving" 
And with all that talk by the common people, Our dictator like Guru was there to quiet the masses with a lock and more talk of "resolving"



Liam O' Dourke

He may turn out to be the thing to fill the doll void, He is annoying, forum famous, and yet lovable... Matches the dolls description quite well...


All That Other Stuff

Plenty of other stuff happened, but it just doesn't come to mind, If there is more you think I should have let me know and I will add it in. But in the end My half year in the web world has been great, No doubt there are plenty more fun times to be had.

Happy Simming


4 comments:

  1. well i for one, think the simming world is alot more interesting since you came on the scene. heres to another six months of simmy goodness! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to 2011! *holds up virgin pina colada's*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo This was an awesome list SR, You should post it on the forums! :D

    ReplyDelete